Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cool Pool

Alright everyone, I'm just jumping in and will start posting BACKWARDS from today until I gradually catch up with life...but i don't really know what that means as then i'll have to keep posting BACKWARDS because, instead of posting current events, i'll always be play catch-up.

Meh. Whatevs.

Today it was raining 90% of the time. We need that rain! It was also very cooling. But, limiting. Baby C and I were stuck inside for that 90% of the day. I could have taken her in the jogger with the stellar clear plastic rain cover we own but I, unfortunately, do not have a clear plastic rain cover for myself :-o

So we waited.

The beautiful thing about waiting is that everyone else was waiting, too, and must have just written off the day as a "wash" (ha!). Which is why I decided that, when the sun started peeking through the clouds at 4 PM, Baby C and I should head to the pool.

and that we did

and no one was there (okay, fine, there were approximately 6 kids in the pool. And lifeguards. Don't forget the lifeguards). SUCCESS! yes!



We got there 45 minutes before the pool closed and the dude you pay to get into the pool (uhhh--does he have a name? the Money Taker?) let C get in for free! woo hoo!

C and i stayed in the pool for the entire 45 minutes so i didn't get a chance to take a picture until after she was out of it. I will say that I have a little flirt on my hands--she l-o-v-e-d the male lifeguard and would just BEAM at him and do her pageant wave. Oh my. THIS is why I wanted boys!

Here is the little charmer herself, being placated for the run home by her almond milk. Yum.



also more evidence of the lack of people at the pool. I like the rain trick. So far we're three for three!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally wanted boys too :-) not that I would trade Jayci for anything - but that was always my plan (unfortunately I always forget that it's not MY plans that prevail) . . .