Monday, February 1, 2010

a lesson in Texture

Today (Monday) we ran lots of errands in the morning...after a failed morning nap attempt, Cutie Face and I ran (not literally) to Ikea, Target, and TJ's.

I cannot tell you how much i love this picture. It reminds me of a Norman Rockwell Americana photo :)


after an afternoon nap, Cutie Face and I had a lesson in texture

Want to learn with us?

okay! let's go!

First, find a stone to play with
standing over a cool textured surface helps, too

Feel it...is it smooth?

Yes! it's smooth! Case #1 solved...put it in your pocket

Now feel the sidewalk...is it rough or smooth?

Let's do a comparison study...pull out that smooth stone again!

(seriously, Cutie Face would walk two steps, take out the stone, feel it, put it back in her pocket and repeat the process...over and over...it was a S-L-O-W walk)


Wow...we made it to the playground!

Lesson over!

Make sure you come and play with me tomorrow!

buh bye!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my word, she is TOO cute! I'm loving all the Cutie Face updates...I was going through withdrawal. I really love the videos too, and I cannot wait to meet this sweet girl (and sweet girl #2) in person!

Natalie said...

I seriously LOVE that last photo! Looks like you guys are having so much fun together! I love the videos and being able to see and hear her talk. Too sweet! They grow up to quickly. Sniff sniff!