Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Naps required

The twin and I were lucky enough to each be chosen for a marketing research study (I signed a waiver and can't talk about it for two years. Sorry). Even better than that, we were given back-to-back time slots which meant we didn't have to find a babysitter--we could just use each other!

I drove to the 'burbs to meet the twin and Lil' Miss. The twin was up first which meant I was in charge of the babes in the beginning. I was excited to see what life with two entailed. Granted, it was only for a bit more than an hour but still...

One of my favorite things to do with Cutie Face is take her to Petco to see the adoptable kittens. They are so cute (and desperate!) and I always want to adopt all of them. The best thing about these kittens is that they are very into anyone who visits them--even kids. Which is completely the opposite case in our house where our cats are deathly afraid of the kiddos.

So I took the cousins to Petco and we had a good time looking at birds, fish, and dogs. Sadly, the kitties and their cages were being cleaned so we couldn't visit :(

One tricky thing with two kids and a stroller that doesn't collapse quickly is trying to figure out what to do with them while you are dismantling the stroller. Granted, I could have put them each in their car seats but that would have been too easy. So i put them in the trunk while they watched my mad dismantling skills. I think they loved it.

Soon it was my turn for the study so I gave the twin the car keys and turned the cousins over to her. I went in for my 75-minute study and didn't have a care in the world...

Neither, it turns out, did Cutie Face.

The twin drove the cousins over to my mom's store and, from there, they went to the park. Upon getting back in the car, Cutie Face fell fast asleep. She then stayed asleep when they stopped the car and got out at Sweet Tomatoes. She remained asleep even when Mimi (grandma, our mom) hefted her into the restaurant. And she was even asleep when I met up with them for lunch sometime later.


In the meantime, Lil' Miss had started (and nearly finished) her lunch:
Then us grownups ate...and Cutie Face still slept:



She finally woke up, much to her cousin's happiness. I was happy, too, because it meant that i could feed her the yumminess of Sweet Tomatoes without scrounging up lunch at a later time.

Lil' Miss was so excited that Cutie Face was awake that she even tried to feed her...on multiple occasions:

All in all, it was a great day with the cousin and Mimi! so great that, upon returning home around 4, Cutie Face slept for another hour and a half...and so did I!

Naps were most definitely required today!

No comments: