Monday, February 15, 2010

{technically...} the Due Date!

It is hard to believe that Cutie Cakes has already been here for 9 days! We can't even remember what life was like without her! Life as a family of four has {thankfully, praise the Lord!} been a smooth transition.

Cutie Face is still her funny quirky little self.

Like her mama (ie, me) she loves to lay down on the floor and take a breather (I've been pulling this same stunt since I was her age and I'll often still lay down on the floor of my parents' kitchen and just relax. You should try it sometime!)

Cutie Cakes is just as cute as ever...

She loves accessories for her head, too,
and this sweet hat knit by her Grandma is no exception!

The kitties (our kitties) officially moved in with us...after being gone for almost two years (they were at my parents' house on an extended leave of absence. Don't worry--they living the high life in the Big House!)

You may not have seen them on this blog before so let me formally introduce you to Churchill and Maggie (aka Margaret Thatcher). They're sweet and we're thrilled (especially Cutie Face) that they're home!

Despite the windy cold day we had today, Cutie Face and I just had to get out of the house...so off to the park we went.

Cutie Face walked over with me but halfway back on the walk home, she really wanted to be carried. I couldn't let a self-portrait photo-op pass so here you see us in all our glory :0

Where is Cutie Cakes you ask? Why here she is--tucked away in the Moby Wrap underneath my jacket:

Right before Cutie Face went to bed, J came home from work. She LOVES it when he comes home! It has been incredibly nice to have J in town for this project. We'll all be super sad when his next project sends him back out on the road for a couple nights/days at a time :(

I just love father-daughter time. So precious the bond that they share!

Cutie Cakes, of course, also gets her share with Daddy--J has been sleeping her on his chest while watching the Olympics. '

And that melts my heart every night.





6 comments:

lacie said...

Al, I love this picture of cutie face and J :) it's great.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I go & move 1,000 miles & you have a baby! Busy, busy ;) Cutie Cakes is GORGEOUS!! I hope Cutie Face is enjoying her.
I am in love with your kitties :) We have one named Maggie Mae :) The song came on the radio on the way home from getting her & it just fit :)

Natalie said...

Daddy time is grand indeed! My girls love spending time with their Daddy too!

I still cannot get over how much your cats look like our Smokey! I guess cats look alike all the time though!

Christine Pobke said...

your family is seriously so adorable. love it. :) glad to see the sisters seem to get along! :) beauuuutiful!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness.
I am so excited for you and your beautiful girls.
I HEART those shoes the baby is wearing.

And I HEART Cutie Faces Dance with her daddy.

And I HEART how freaking skinny you are. Oh. My. Gosh.

I try to keep loving you despite all of your issues (ie you are PERFECT) but it gets harder by the minute : )

Shari@aPsychMommy said...

Awww, your girls are so adorable!